I’m all about old stuff, with a particular fascination for all things mid-century. Two things have happened since I began this blog years ago: First, I restored a 1969 travel trailer (which I blog about here), and second, I finally admitted to myself that my obsession for finding and bringing home vintage items was about to crowd me out of my house. I put many of the vintage things in the vintage camper, and the problem still was not solved. I went out on a limb and tried selling some of the vintage things out of the camper -and from this first experiment, Mid Century Myrtle; Vintage Living Everyday! was born. Check us out on the links below!
- Mid Century Myrtle shop
- Mid Century Myrtle on Instagram
- Mid Century Myrtle on Facebook
- Mid Century Myrtle on Tumblr
- Mid Century Myrtle on Pinterest
These things are things about me…
- I am a fine-art photographer equally enamored with the old ways and the new of this endearing craft.
- I have a button in my car that says “I took the road less traveled, …now where the hell am I?” This was a gift. And also a good indication of how I like to travel. I like back roads and side roads, old roads and dirt roads… and most of all the wayward roads that lead somewhere new.
- I was born in the wrong era, and subsequently I possess a limitless fascination for all things vintage or antique.
- I talk to myself, in public. And I answer back. I am constantly in the process of ‘snapping out of it’. Wool~gathering becomes me, literally. You should see it sometime.
- I enjoy looking, reading, falling asleep. Listening and pretending to listen. Food that is sweet. Old sentient buildings. Dwelling and pining and occasionally heaving a long, world~weary sigh.
- Due to oddities that would be encountered on the ULTIMATE SUMMER ROAD TRIP (TUSRT!), & other of life’s bizarre moments, I started a blog.